Welcome to My World!

Welcome to The Silver Lining!

This is my first post here, so I'll just hit a few high spots.

I'm delighted to have this arena that I can use to share my thoughts, ideas, and musings with anyone who might be interested.

Now that summer vacation is here, I have a slightly more relaxed lifestyle. I can sleep past 5:00 am and not feel rushed through the day. If I want to wear jeans or shorts, hey -- no dress code! If I want to veg out with a book or some cross-stitch, I can. If I want to ride my bicycle (that my husband Dave recently fixed up for me), I can give that a shot. That'll be pretty cool -- until mid-August, when the rat-race will start over!

Next week, we're heading to the beach. My kids will be with us for part of the week, and I'm really looking forward to that! It has been YEARS since all 3 of my kids joined me at the beach. Hopefully we'll have good weather, and I'm looking forward to some laughs and fun times with them.

I'm grateful that my kids are growing into responsible adults, and I like their "Significant Others" very much. It's fun, now, to be able to be *adult friends* with my kids. I recall having this same feeling as a young adult, realizing it was fun to be *adult friends* with my own parents.

Ahhh the name "The Silver Lining" -- I must explain.
I chose it for a couple of reasons.
The most obvious is my hair color. I went "silver" prematurely and have refused to call it "gray" because it ISN'T!!! It is SILVER, thank you very much! At any rate, for a long time my online name or screen name has been "Silver" and some of my email friends simply refer to me as "Silver." I kinda like that, you know? :)
Another has to do with Malachi 3:3 -- one of my favorite verses of scripture.
"He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;
He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver,
That they may offer to the LORD an offering in righteousness."
There's something about that concept -- the Lord refining us, and transforming us from dull and drab mortals into a shiny, pure, bright and glorious beings --that makes me smile.
And also, I honestly believe in "silver linings!" Sometimes we have to hunt for the "good things" in our struggles, but they're there. Occasionally, it may be years before the silver lining in an issue becomes plain to us. But Romans 8:28 reminds us that ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
I'll be sharing some of my "silver linings" in later posts.

Stay tuned here for updates when Dave & I go to Ghana in July!!!

Much love & blessings to any and all who read my blog,
Anita <><

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hollywood has it's blonde bomb shells, I have my Silver Treasure, Gift from GOD !

David
Unknown said…
Way to go with setting up your blog! Have fun at the beach, you lucky duck! Hugs, Donna

Popular posts from this blog

The Day Time Stopped

Love Ya Legacy

FREE THE TATAS, SAVE THE TURTLES!