THE DRAWER

I tackled "The Drawer" this morning. 

I bet every one of you have one just like it -- that catch-all drawer in the kitchen that gets crammed with all the "stuff" that you don't know where else to put.  I have eyeballed it for several weeks (months?) now, knowing that it's been on my to-do list.  It certainly isn't going anywhere, nor is it going to clean itself out.  So I pulled the drawer completely out and dumped the contents on the table.  I laughed at the collection -- I am not even sure what some of that stuff IS.  The Lizard Man could be living in there, for all I know!

I wiped out the drawer, and felt good about the "clean slate" I now had to start with.  Batteries, glue, a marble, masking tape, a collection of small tools, some keys that fit lord-knows-what, a vast assortment of nails, screws, and nuts, pull chains for ceiling fans, a label-maker, seed packets, 3 miscellaneous electrical cords, gardening gloves, a couple of keychains, a package of steel wool, some magic markers -- a whole mess of "stuff" crammed into a too-small space.  For an hour or so, I sorted, re-homed, tossed out, and re-arranged all of the odds and ends that had resided in The Drawer for the past several years.  

In the middle of this seemingly mundane task, I realized that I found joy in creating order out of chaos, happiness in purging the things that were no longer needed or useful.  I likened it to my life -- at times there are things that just need to be let go, or re-ordered.  Priorities need to be re-examined and re-set.  
I liked the feeling of accomplishment, when I finished and looked at my now neatly organized (and much less stuffed) catch-all drawer.

Today, "The Drawer."  
Tomorrow, "The Guest Room?"  Hmmm.... maybe not tomorrow.  
But soon!  ;)

Comments

I have 3. I have put it off for way to long. Maybe soon.
Have you ever found you want to be alone when you do this kind of purging?

Popular posts from this blog

The Day Time Stopped

FREE THE TATAS, SAVE THE TURTLES!

Love Ya Legacy