1 -- *TILT*

*TILT*

May 9, 2018.

I remember the day quite well.  It was a typically busy day for me; a trip to Columbia for a music lesson, some errands afterwards, a short meeting at church.
Life's good and I'm having fun.  Family worries are few, I'm on a health kick and have lost a few pounds.  I'm fulfilling a bucket list item by learning to play a harp and that's challenging as well as fun.  We are planning a trip to New Orleans in a couple of weeks with friends, that's something to look forward to.

I finished my lesson and headed home, stopping briefly to pick up a few groceries.  The day was beautiful, and I put the top down on my car before I started home.  I drove out of the parking lot and as I crossed the Killian Road bridge to get to the ramp to I-77.... I felt the world *TILT*.

That sounds strange.  I don't know another way to describe it.  I realized that somehow my peripheral vision was not quite right.  What my eyes saw from the sides was no longer a vivid picture of what was going on along the periphery, but more like a jumbled jigsaw puzzle of moving shapes and colors.  Straight ahead I could see just fine, and I just thought well, maybe I was tired, or hungry, or something.  I drove on home with no problems.

I still felt as though the world had somehow tilted, though.  I did not mention anything about it to David; I didn't think that it was that big a deal at the time.  Maybe a good night's sleep will make a difference.

I had no idea just how much my world really WAS tilting, or that this was just the beginning of of a rapid-fire series of events that would not only tilt my world but turn it upside down.

Fasten your seat belts, friends.  This is a wild ride.....

Image result for free clip art tilted world



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Day Time Stopped

Love Ya Legacy

FREE THE TATAS, SAVE THE TURTLES!